Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

Semester's end is in sight! It's a bittersweet victory. I'm looking forward to some free time, but it also feels like I have just gotten into a comfortable routine with this semester's schedule, and now it's all going to be switched up! Such is the nature of student life.

I am in the process of writing a reflection paper about aging, which is the online assignment for class today, in lieu of actual class. I've never been afraid of getting old-- it's the stuff in between that's intimidating. But all these class materials and discussions about Alzheimer's Disease have made getting old scarier than it was before.

I'm also watching The Golden Girls. Seems appropriate, yes?

Although I'm feeling rather lackadaisical today, having nowhere to go until I leave for my mom's around four, I feel as if I should take the opportunity to say that I am really and truly thankful for all the opportunities this year has brought me: grad school, new job (that actually has something to do with my field), new friends, and new apartment. I could have done without the chicken pox, but overall, 2010 has been pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment